Saturday, September 26, 2009

Did You Learn to Receive My Love

I have been greatly influenced by the writings of AW Tozer and Watchman Nee. They have passed on to be with the Lord. But of all the people who are still alive that have influenced me much, I will have to say that no one has influenced me more than Joe Ozawa. This is an account of a dream that Joe had many years ago, that I would like to share with you. It has meant a lot to me. He tells it in his own words :

"One day while asleep, I had an unusual dream. Maybe it was a vision? I found myself suddenly before God in heaven. How did I know it was God? I couldn’t see His face, but it was like looking straight at the sun. So very bright. Only, it wasn’t a burning feeling. Only a sense of great love and a power I didn’t understand.

I fell to my knees and began to apologize for myself. In fact, I didn’t quite know what to apologize for, but I figured that if this really was God, it would be a really smart thing to begin our conversation with my apologies.

“Oh God, I’m sorry that I have not prayed enough,” I said weakly.

“Well, that’s very important, but that’s not the most important thing,” He said in return in a very deep, rich voice.

“Then, well....yes, I’m so sorry that I eat too much. You know I can’t help myself sometimes. I know I should be fasting more, but I can’t seem to do it,” I apologized.

“Well, that’s very important, but that’s not the most important thing,” He said.

I began apologizing for everything I could think of. What else could I have done wrong? Maybe I didn’t give enough money to the poor? Maybe I didn’t have enough faith? Then a thought came to me.

“Oh God, I know now. I haven’t been very nice to my wife. I know I should love her better. That must be it!”

“Oh, that’s very, very important, but that’s not the most important thing,” He said once again.

“Oh God, oh God, what do you want from me anyway?” I asked, whining like a little spoiled child. He was really frustrating me! I just couldn’t figure Him out. What did He want from me anyway?

“When you appear before me the final time, I will only have one question to ask you......”

(Now to this day, I still don’t know exactly what “the final time” means).

“When you appear before me the final time, I will only have one question to ask of you......

DID YOU LEARN TO RECEIVE MY LOVE?

Then He said, “Now, go tell this to the world!”

With that, He waved His big, big hand and sent me

flying through the air.....

(like an astronaut flying through outer space)

and I landed back on my bed

with a thud!

I turned to my wife. “Honey, guess what happened? I just went to heaven,” I said loudly.

“Tell me tomorrow morning,” she replied, rolling over and going back to sleep.

Please write this down, and remember that phrase, “Did you learn to receive My love?” for I’m convinced that one day, you too will be asked that question about God’s great love for you."


- Joe Ozawa

No comments:

Post a Comment